IIJmio, number one※1 share in low-price SIMs market share
Use your smartphone and tablets for less.
An internet-only SIM goes for as little as 900 yen a month.
We recommend for those are connecting their family and friends via SNS.
- Wide coverage area and
LTE high-speed data.
- Compatible with NTTdocomo or KDDI wide radio networks, you can enjoy it in both
rural and urban areas.※2
※2 Area coverage is affected by the frequency specifications of the handset.
- Carry over unused data
to the next month.
- The unused bundled data can be carried over to the next month. You need not worry about wasting bundles.
Why can we offer with so low-price?
- Because our service is no-frills.
Simplifying our service specifications, we can offer no-frills service with quite reasonable price.
Do you really need unlimited voice and text while SNS apps is installed in your phone?
IIJmio’s low-cost SIMs can be used with many SIM-unlocked devices,
and NTT Docomo devices. sold in Japan, including iPhones.
If you would bring your own device, be careful you should check your device being unlocked.
You can purchase SIM-unlocked smartphones or
tablets at IIJmio Web site, either with or without SIM contract.
Click here to purchase SIM-unlocked smartphones/tablets.
（written in Japanese）
※“Type D”is a service which uses NTT docomo LTE and 3G networks. SIM-unlocked
devices or NTTdocomo's devices are compatible.
※“Type A”is a service which uses KDDI 4G LTE networks. SIM-unlock devices are only compatible. In addition, be aware your device must support au(KDDI) VoLTE or it could not work properly.
※5 The maximum number of SIM cards issued when applying for a new plan is 2 cards under the Minimum Start Plan and Light Start Plan and 5 cards under the Family Share Plan.
※5 You will incur additional SIM usage fees when you start using a 2nd or additional card under the Minimum Start Plan and Light Start Plan and a 4th or additional card under the Family Share Plan.
※5 Also, additional SIM card fees, additional SIM usage fees, various ancillary fees, etc. will be separately required for the 2nd card under the Minimum Start Plan and Light Start Plan and the 4th and additional cards under the Family Share Plan.
- Can I use full data bundle for the first month?
- No. Both Data bundle and fee for the first month are on a prorated basis.
- Can I change my price plan?
- Yes.You can apply from the member’s page（written in Japanese）. Your request of changing
your price plan will apply in the following month.
※You can not make the application of changing your price plan at the last day of month.
- I would change the contractor's name. Can I make this?
- No, we do not accept the change procedure of contractor's name.
- How do I order the additional SIMs?
- You can apply from the member’s page（written in Japanese）.
- Does IIJ accept payment methods other than credit card?
- No. We accept only credit cards for payment.
In addition, credit cards issued by the foreign companies may not be acceptable.
- How do I contact your support team for troubleshooting?
- We provide customer support at IIJ support center by phone and web form. Please note
that our customer support are provided only Japanese language.
IIJ support center（everyday/9am to 7pm）
TEL ： 0570-09-4400
If you can not call properly above, please try to call 03-5205-4400 (everyday/9am to 7pm)
We provide the answer for your question except any kind of inquiries via Twitter @iijmio (English is available)
Our service was awarded as the No.1 ※4
Customer satisfaction in the low-price SIMs
IIJmio is the largest Japanese MVNO service for the consumers provided by Internet Initiative Japan, one of the pioneers of the Internet. For our 25 years history, we continued to provide innovative, secure, reliable and state-of-the-art services and solutions for enterprises, SMBs and governmental bureaus etc.
※4 MMD Institute "satisfaction investigation into SIM service bargain in March, 2016"